14 October 2009

Introduction

I write, but I never finish. National Novel Writing Month and Script Frenzy have helped me to write a lot of things that I normally wouldn't write. 

Now my problem is I've got a bunch of half finished items. Back in January, I signed up for this class on fmwriters called 2 YN or 2 Year Novel. Problem, is I hated the pace. Somethings were just too slow and others were just not right when I couldn't come up with stuff. I made it about 17 weeks till I gave up. 
I haven't been back. I don't regret it because that place wasn't for me. Too uptight, and restricting. 

But I bought the books for the course. They are eBooks, so I decided to take one story that I have an outline for that I am absolutely dying to write. I want to do this "right" so to speak. So am taking the books, and using them in my own pace. 
I'll be posting bits and pieces of my assignments here. I feel like they shouldn't be hidden anywhere. 

Con-Crit for these assignments will be welcome. 
Also I will randomly write about NaNo, and other things I attempt to write. If I don't want them published I'll post them here, but if eventually I want to publish something (that's a big IF) it will not be posted. 




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

YOU ROCK! I can't wait to see the first 100 words written by the end of this week. Or the first assignment. What books do you have? I'm curious.

gingerlr

Laurie said...

I think this will be a great way to keep your creative juices flowing!

I'm also eager to get to know these characters...

Unknown said...

Thanks guys :)