14 October 2009

2YN: Assignment 1 Redux

Ginger gave me some good suggestions in the first assignments comment. Instead of one big sentence write the expanded idea as more than one sentence. 

To be honest I never thought of that before since the assignment was talking about using the one sentence in the short version. I never even thought about when expanding it to make it more than one sentence.

But here is my revised Expanded idea from Assignment 1.

Expanded Version 2 (written on 10-14-09)
Michael and Brad were college roommates. Brad had gone on to have a stable career, while Michael moved away to Hollywood to try his hand at writing. It was coming up on 5 years since graduation, and Michael was frustrated with his career to date. By chance he found Brad on a social networking site. When Michael returns to Brad's life, what will happen to their friendship?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love it! I know that I was doing the same thing until my beta started suggesting this. I have a tendency to write in fragments and she'll combine them for me. Or break my run on sentences.

Unknown said...

Thanks! Just reading it over again, and then knowing some of the ideas that I have for the story this version of the idea sounds much cleaner.